Master of Sports Management Degrees
My Degree and What it’s Good For
A Master of Sports Management degree is intended to prepare you for work in the administrative offices of a sporting organization, whether a college athletic department or a state sports team. The administrative duties involved in sports management may include contract negotiation, recruiting, payroll management, and general financial planning and decision making. Working in a business capacity in a sports organization has its fair share of excitement, as you may get to meet famous athletes or contribute to the long term strategy of the team you work for.
My Earning Potential
As a general rule, someone with a master’s degree will earn a higher salary than someone with a lower degree, but your earnings will depend a lot on the organization you work for, and you’ll likely start to earn more money as you pick up work experience. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that agents and business managers of artists and athletes earned a mean annual salary of $81,550 as of May, 2010. Positions paying that well won’t be easy to secure, as there is a lot of competition in the field, but for those who make it, the rewards are bountiful.
Online Master of Sports Management Degree Programs
- California University of Pennsylvania: MS in Sport Management: Intercollegiate Athletic Administration
- California University of Pennsylvania: MS in Sport Management
- Drexel University Online: MS in Sport Management
- Lasell College: MS in Sports Management: Sport Hospitality Management
- Lasell College: MS in Sports Management: Sport Leadership
- Lasell College: MS in Sports Management: Sport Non-Profit Management
- Liberty University Online: MS in Sports Management
- Liberty University Online: MS in Sport Management Administration (Non-Thesis)
- Liberty University Online: MS in Sport Management Outdoor Adventure Sport (Non-Thesis)
- Liberty University Online: MS in Sport Management Outdoor Adventure Sport (Thesis)
- Southern New Hampshire University: International MBA in Sport Management
- Southern New Hampshire University: MS in Sport Management: Athletic Administration
- Southern New Hampshire University: MBA/Certificate in International Sport Management
- Southern New Hampshire University: MBA/Certificate in Sport Management
- Southern New Hampshire University: MBA in Sport Management
- Southern New Hampshire University: MS in Sport Management
- Tiffin University: MBA in Sports Management
- University of the Southwest: MBA in Sports Management and Recreation
Online Sports Management Programs
Those with a master's degree in sports management or athletic administration will be experts at the business of sports, and should be able to advance their sports management careers in a variety of settings, including college athletics management, recreational sport management, event management, sports finance, sports information, professional sport front office management, sports marketing, and more. The degrees described below are offered by the nation's top accredited online universities.
MEd: Athletic Coaching
MEd: Sports Mgmt
|Northcentral University : Northcentral University's Master of Education in Athletic Coaching and Master of Education in Sports Management are designed to enhance leadership skills, strengthen teaching and administrative abilities, and apply ethics and values to all aspects of athletics.,|
MS: Sports Management
|Liberty University : The MS in Sports Management online degree program from Liberty University teaches its students the skills needed to organize and administer athletic programs across a variety of different levels, from high school to college to the pros. The coursework completed within this program will focus on social and ethical issues pertaining to sport management.|
MBA: Sports Management
|Southern New Hampshire University : The MBA in Sports Management from Southern New Hampshire University offers students core MBA coursework with a concentration of sports management. To accommodate students busy schedules, the program is offered both online and on-campus. Internship and volunteer opportunities are available to provide hands-on learning.|
MS: Sports Mgmt
|Adelphi University : Students enrolled in Adelphi University's online MS in Sports Management program will find a trio of concentration options for their degree: sport leadership, sport hospitality management and sport non-profit management. Students will participate in capstone internship and thesis projects after completing core curriculum and concentration courses toward their degrees.|
MA: Athletic Admin
|Ohio University : The MS in Athletic Administration at Ohio University provides a program that develops managers capable of becoming athletic directors. Ohio University designed this program in consultation with the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association for professionals that wish to become leaders in interscholastic sports.|
MS: Sports Management
|Drexel University : The online Master of Science in Sports Management from Drexel University is designed to provide sports administrators and managers the connections between nutrition, psychology, management skills and athletics at an graduate level. Graduates are equipped with the tools to become leaders of the sports management field that maintain a breath of knowledge across business and science.|
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sports management program.